Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 Day Ohm Project Update

So, it wasn't a total failure, but not exactly a success either. I kept up with the hypnosis and occasional meditation, but the yoga was a total bust. I keep telling myself: you *must have* 30 minutes a day to do this crap, but somehow it keeps getting pushed aside into "I'll do it later" land.

I think karma is plotting against me... I try to quit smoking, and my world kind of goes up in smoke. I try to do this zen-living thing, and several projects that I wasn't anticipating fall, no THUD, into my lap like a thousand pound elephant in the room.

I really wonder sometimes if it's just not meant to be. Maybe I should just stop trying to force a lifestyle that isn't going to suit me, you know?

Thing is, I really respect and admire people who can do that. Who get up every morning, and run, or do yoga or something good for their mind/body/soul. I used to be like that, swear! I was practically vegan in the US. I would run every morning, do sit ups (omg did I have some rock-hard abs back then, not like these mushy, pathetic little lumps I have now), I was all about kickboxing and was starting karate before I moved here.

The strangest thing is that I go *right* back into that lifestyle when set foot in the US. All I wanted to do last time I was there was go to yoga w/ my bestie, and run, and eat healthy when I'm surrounded by all that good American food.

Can't explain it. Maybe being in the US makes me paranoid about being unhealthy, and being here has the opposite effect. I suppose it's very possible that Paris is actually bad for me if that's the case lol?

Whatever the reason, I can't seem to connect with that person over here. Any advice those of you who have achieved my goal?

3 comments:

  1. I don't know the answer because I find as well that it seems easier to live a 'healthier' lifestyle in the US. I find that there I often socialize in healthier ways - if I want to get together with a girlfriend we might do it over a bootcamp class or a yoga session instead of necessarily an apero. I don't know....I'm sure that time management experts would just tell us you simply have to make it a priority. You must put it first and then all other things after it. I'm sure that would work....if i had time to try it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic goods from you, man. Ive study your stuff ahead of and youre just as well amazing. I enjoy what youve got right here, adore what youre stating and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even now manage to help keep it wise. I cant wait to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forest is right. You have to make it a priority! As someone who has been practicing yoga 5 - 6x a week for the past 5 years, I have to say, you make time for it. BUT, if you're doing it on your own, BRAVO! THAT in and of itself is a HUGE step. I don't have a home practice. Can't get myself there and I'm a teacher!! But you also don't *have to* do 30m a day. Sometimes just 5 or 10 is all you need. Listen to your body; it will tell you just what it needs.

    P.S. Do some wrist stretches after all of your down dogs. ;D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails