Tuesday, September 28, 2010

WTF Wednesday: Post-Pout Syndrome.

It's on everyone's lips: the strikes. Something funny happens on my train line, the C, and I suspect I'm not the only one who suffers from it.

Post-Pout-Syndrome.


Sarko reformed the right to strike forcing the workers to announce it in advance and to provide a minimum service so that the transport-ees would not be screwed in the arse. Sweet of him wasn't it?

My ass, for one, is thanking his bold little 'tude because I remember the hundreds of people packed on the quais, and the crush-me-to-death ride to work where I sometimes feared for my life. If the crowds didn't do you in, the B.O. certainly would. Where's the old spice man when you need him? They make some fine deodorant over there.


I support the strike controls 100%, even though I'm sure there are thousands of people who hit the streets to tell me just how wrong I am and that France is becoming, GHASP, the United States! (Has it really gotten so awful that the US is tantamount to bad?)

Sark's heart was in the right place, I think. Making sure people can get to their jobs is crucial to the country's GDP, but he was a bit naive. The French are not a nation of bend-over-ers. The rules were set in stone, but the crews promptly took out their chisels.

The little effers are quite wily. The strikes never seem to hit when they're planned, but rather 3-5 days after the scheduled day, lasting for up to a week. Take tonight for example. 7:45pm, on my way home... the train is so packed the windows are actually STEAMED. Ridic'.

My guess: they all go on strike, then take vacation after. It's a double rainbow of vacation policy + strike policy that shoots out of my ass no matter what.

WTF?

5 comments:

  1. Heheheheheheh!! Oh girl, I have missed having time to read your posts. :) You always kill me.

    "Where's the old spice man when you need him?" No kidding!! This is a question that has been plaguing me my entire life, it feels, lol. (Although I amended the question in my head to "Where is ANY man when you need him?" Ha.) Especially here in Paris on super-crowded Métro days (and while it is a bit of a stereotype that Frenchies have stinky pits, it would be true of ANY population on a Parisian Métro on crowded strike days. *I* desperately need the Old Spice man on those days).

    Here was the other thing that made me laugh: "The French are not a nation of bend-over-ers." No they are not, god love 'em, and I am glad for it. Someone has to stand up and say, "I'm not taking it up the bum, goshdarnit!" even if it is just on matter of prinicple and lord knows the retirement age will likely *have* to get raised if they want to keep their precious benefits.

    It'll be interesting to see what happens. In the meantime, I have discovered the bus. On both strike days this past month, it was not so bad. 'Course, I did not have to go far, but it sure beat the swamp the overcrowded Métro turns into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I know Karin, I LOOOOOVE those Old Spice commercials. Depressed they're ending. That is another WTF. WHY?? They're hilarious!! (I'm on a horse.)

    Bus is nice! Good call. Too bad I don't have one that can bring me to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious about France turning into the US. What is this world coming to? When I was on a trip to Ireland, who apparently has an obesity problem, they had PSAs everywhere saying, "If we don't stop, we'll be as fat as....America!!!" Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, Shannon, Line C! Babe, gotta be the all time worst line for strikes. Already the trains are rather infrequent, but if they only run 1 out of 3, that means like a train every 2 hours. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very entertaining. I like your witty writing style. Off to read some more :) Paris in Pink

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails