Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Train of (stupid) Thought(lessness)

You're not going to believe this. It's happened AGAIN! Seriously!! Another train incident. Not long ago I informed you, loyal readers, about the (ppssst RACIST) announcement made to warn passengers about Romanians.

Well, folks. They're at it again. Only this time, the "internal error" involved a massive explosion that didn't actually happen. How do you make an announcement about a fake explosion? You'd think they'd double check these types of bulletins before blabbing it to the commuters. Usually you get some kind of "the train going direction blah blah is currently at the station blah blah blah"... oh how I would've LOVED to be there when they announced that there was a bomb. I hope they got that shit on tape.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's human, and I am typically enthusiastic and supportive of people who are empathetic and understanding of these kinds of incidents.

However, when it happens twice in the same month, I think the minions of negligence are at work here. Maybe I'm over-reacting... but don't you think it's time to fire the fucking intern?

4 comments:

  1. As Eric Cartman would say, "LAME."

    But most of all I have to thank you for the Huff Post link. It has been awhile since I have been there to read and I was bummed out by this (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/23/sandra-bullock-hosts-busi_n_509632.html -- poor Sandra) and LMAO at this (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/23/a-big-fucking-deal-bidens_n_509927.html).

    I need to remember to bookmark the Huff Post. As if I need MORE to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **SHANNON! YOUR HAIR IS ON FIRE!!**

    Oops, I regret to inform you that the previous announcement was made in error. Your hair is, in fact, not on fire. Good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Karin: I had to force myself to STOP reading huff. I love that site to pixels, it was taking up my entire morning & evening!!

    @EJ - AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! What? OK. I'm fine. Stop looking at me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny. I like EJ's remark too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails