Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fashion (victim) Week - Paris 2010

It's that time of year again. The season that makes my tiny, style-free head A-SPLOAD.
It's Fashion Week!! Let the priceless auctioning of skinny girl's dignity, BEGIN!

I've explained previously that I am from Wisconsin. I'm positive there are many people from my state with a natural sense of grace. An innate sense of class.

I am not one of them.

I've tried but realized that in time, I really just didn't give a shit. Don't get me wrong, I've come a very long way from the worn tennis shoes, over-sized shirts and countless other mistakes... but I am no Dior.

I relate more to George from Seinfeld when he shared this pearl:
"I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable."


I am honestly in awe of these people. If you throw out the fact that most of the girls look like they need a hamburger or three hundred, the cost to produce the clothes could feed a small country, and in the real world what you put on your head shouldn't matter as much as what's in it... it is pretty amazing.

I REALLY DO respect the artistry, and all the hard work that goes into making these living works of art. That said, I'm going to make fun of it, brutally, with a top ten of my favorites and their respective captions...



7 comments:

  1. God this is fantastic. Where can I get a hatgina?

    About Wisconsin, I'm going to go ahead and disagree with your statement that many in Wisconsin have an innate sense of grace or class. (Some do, of course) I'm from Chippewa Falls, you see. Last time I was home for a visit, I thought I had time-warped to the 1992 set of 'Roseanne'. However, I'm proud to say that most cheeseheads I know don't wear hatginas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah great great recap of some of the ridiculous get-ups you see on the runway (and will never see OFF the runway)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yessica: Chipfalls eh? There is the occasional "Roseanne" flashback where I'm from as well, though you get that less & less these days. The interwebs are helping.

    @Lindsey: What?? You mean... I'm never going to own my very own Hatgina??? (heart = shattered.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAAAAA!!!! So effing funny.
    I love that George quote by the way. I use it more often than I should.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jesus ... What hath James Cameron wrought? If this crap isn't straight from Pandora I'll eat my very ordinary non-velvet shoe. I'll leave you with this quote from a very wise model:

    "Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career." -- Derek Zoolander

    ReplyDelete
  6. @EJ - Ahhh yes. The endless wisdom of Derek. Thank you for sharing.

    @Jess - Agreed. I try to fit a George quote into my conversations daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So as I do with all new blogs I add to my list, I am trying to read back in time as much as I can. But I had to stop and laugh for about twenty minutes at "hatgina". I'll continue the backtracking tomorrow, though I have a feeling I'll have to stop like this for a lot of posts :-p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails