Friday, December 11, 2009

A bit of ze bubbly?


If there's one thing I can say I fully agree with in French culture, it has to be their champagne consumption practices. I remember back when I lived in the midwest, I could count the number of times in my life I had had champagne. I think once. I think.

In the states my idea of "bubbly" was never more exotic than Schweppes, but here they pull out the cork at the drop of a hat. It's gotten to the point where champagne is losing it's bubbly excitement. I got a parking space, POP!! I really enjoy this gum, POP POP POP!!

Take the last month for example. I had several friends turn thirty, a few colleagues change jobs, thanksgiving w/ the frenchies, a big win at work and a housewarming party.

Needless to say, I've been stinking drunk for weeks.

If I go out again and someone fails to immediately pour a magnum of Mum's down my throat, I think I might actually be insulted. (No pressure everybody... no pressure at all.)

See this is another reason why I can't see myself moving back any time soon. Here, bottles grow on trees and flutes pop out of the earth like dandelions. Could I really go back to beer and brats when I've grown accustomed to Champ & foie gras? Ok, I could definitely go back to it.

But I'm not going to ;)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this can be stunning. Imagine all of the looking at along with writing you could do this... Cool in the winter though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails